Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Weekend catch up

Friday, seems a long time ago now. I had my normal porridgey breakfast with bits and hot water. Whizzed to teach my 2 classes before whizzing to Morrisons to get picnic food I could feed Vida and I on our way to Nottingham. I am a seasoned long distance front seat passenger (we go to Scotland a lot) and so I was well prepared to feed Vida as she was driving.

I got ham (cut into chunks), olives, cherry tomatoes, strawberries, grapes, Mrs Crimbles corny crispy bics, bananas, cashews, mixed nuts and raisins, hummous pots. Ooh it was lovely, luckily for Vida I didn't need to feed her as we were stationary most of the time (or so it seemed)

Made it to Nottingham for the Fitness Entrepreneurs Bootcamp and after checking in (and moving to another as the room was smokey) we headed off to a nutritional consultation I had booked in advance. Phil Richards is a very successful sports coach and has trained Amir Khan to name but one of his many hall of fame names. He does a live blood test and then a dried blood test.

In short, cos its a long tale, I have rough hands (he couldn't get blood easily), tired blood, a sweet tooth!, mineral deficiencies, endocrine issues and food intolerance. I shouldn't be eating my lovely, newly discovered porridge for breakfast and I should stop drinking the 'stinking water'. I am awaiting my personal report...

Dinner of bugger, I ordered pork and noodles and forgot to check the noodles, they were wheat. Ho hum, we got a free pud and laughed when the waiter told us that the hot dessert of the day was rhubarb crumble, but 'I wouldn't have it if I were you!' Brilliant!

Saturday: crappy hotel breakfast, I had tinned grapefruits, orange and prunes....say no more.
Lunch was left overs from Friday's picnic.
Dinner was steak and chips and salad. A glass of wine, I know, but that was it...

Sunday: breakfast, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and potatoes. I was literally hungry within 30 minutes. Shocking.
Lunch: Tesco petrol station specials. I had sushi and 2 tubs of prepared pineapple, I had been munching my way through nuts and raisins all morning though.
Dinner: when we got in was haggis, mashed potatoes, carrots and brocolli. Lovely.

Fab weekend in Nottingham. Met some damn amazing people. People who have just gone out and DONE IT, made themselves successful. They were very inspiring. It was a great event, albeit a bit long for sitting on yer bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment