Saturday, April 17, 2010

Freaky Friday

Woke up a bit tired, but I do seem to be waking up more quickly I've noticed. Not groggy for the first 20 minutes of the day.

Had porridge and pear with the usual rice milk. Still tastes good you know!

Whizzed to a massage client for 8.30 and pummeled her shoulders until they saw sense and headed off to my two classes in Knowl Hill. I taught aqua (it was very quiet today, down by half at least) and afterwards felt pretty peckish. Nothing within the Elimination Diet at the cafe apart from a frozen smoothie, that was very nice. Had something like pineapple, banana and mango in and apple juice. Filled a little hole and kept me going through my new BodyVive routine which is is pop-tastic 80s fans!

Came home for lunch and as there wasn't a huge amount in had some cold brown rice, a chopped tomatoe, some cucumber and pepper and 3 cooked rashers of bacon all mixed in together. Drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I finished off some of the vegan chocolate I bought Vida and I. To call it chocolate is probably a trading standards issue, as it is dairy free, sugar free and Cadbury free. However it is sort of passes as a treat if you don't try to think of it as a Cadburys Milk Bar.

Spent time doing admin and project work in the afternoon before taking Laura to work in the evening. Dale and I went to collect a table football table from an ebayer in West Berkshire (long story won't bore you) and had dinner at the very lovely 'The Angel' in Woolhampton. I had smoked salmon and salad garnish to start with, Dale had baby fried camembert (damn, dairy and wheat there!), for main I went fishy again and had blackened sea bass on a bed of potatoes and salad garnish. For garnish read full salad! It was huge, didn't really need the asparagus we ordered too. Dale had lamb shanks and garlic mash. It was a lovely meal, just spoiled by the loud mouthed-centre of attention-tiddly woman next to us...

I regret to inform you though campers that after a poodle around Sainsburys for a few basics I was then blimmin' hungry and came home and had 3 dried figs and a hot water.

I've been trying to think if I feel any different eating this way. So far I have come up with that I am much more aware of being hungry when ordinarilly I would only eat because it was meal time. I think I am waking up more quickly in the morning but I am still tired during the day (must get to bed earlier), I have lost the urge to eat things from the banned list although the gorgeous bread rolls they bought out at the restaurant last night looked lovely. I wouldn't say I have boundless energy or look any less drawn, but I do feel more like normal even if it sometimes feels a bit restricting.

No comments:

Post a Comment