Saturday, November 13, 2010

Week 2 - half way through

Well I am almost 2 weeks through. I thought I'd round up the week today and then do my weighing and measuring tomorrow (Sunday) as Fit Camp kicks off again on Monday and the early starts get in the way of such things.

The week has been good. I weighed and measured on Monday and it was all the 3's.

Weight loss - 3lbs
Waist - down 3 cm
Belly - down 3cms
Hips - down 3cms

Chest and legs the same.

Energy levels and hunger have been much more level this week. Sleeping has been OK although getting to bed earlier would be preferred. Have had 2 meals out this week and just managed to stay within the level 3 boundaries. I did have to leave tomato and pepper on the plate after having a salad at a pub on Thursday with Vida. That's was annoying. I don't like wasting food really, but I do want to see how 30 days of the ED proper feels.

Last night we had a guest over and so went to Milton's in Wokingham. The food was lovely but it was incredibly difficult to chose anything that fitted the diet plan. Ended up with 2 starters, a soup and a salad. Damn the sun-dried tomato bread looked inviting!

On Monday this week Dax Moy, the creator of this Elimination Diet, had a tele-seminar to give a bit more information about the plan and also for people to ask questions. It was very interesting and was good to hear that lots of people were getting some great weight and inch loss results with it.

I've eaten a fair few eggs this week, a hell of a lot of spinach and I have developed a new soaked nut butter which has been very popular with the family. As we're not eating grains nut butter is being eaten on apples, celery, raspberries! You name a food vehicle; we can get nut butter on it.

I am also giving up with organic avocados. They are always rotten inside, I have thrown 5 out of 6 away this week, it is very annoying.

Dale went to the market (near the end of the day is good, because Mr Stall-Holder wants rid of stock) and bought back a shed load of veg for the week. All for 20 quid. The same quantity in one of our large supermarkets would have been easily double the price. Best of all through is the 36 free range eggs from the market for £3.50. You can't get a dozen free range eggs in Sainsburys for that!

The reason for the money talk...its the one downside to this plan. For us, it is more expensive than before. So if I can buy more veg locally it will save us money to Mr Tesco or Sainsbury.

Incidentally also did my normal work classes, a 50 minute run and a Boot Camp session in the garden this week. I don't expect the scales to have changed, but the fact that I did the extra exercise is a huge improvement. I am usually not willing at all. Energy levels are up!

Results tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment