Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week 1 round up.

It's been a great week. The Elimination Diet has been really good for me, I accept it won't suit everyone, but I'm doing well on it. I am not a keen weigher and so the 3lb loss is nice, but not a decider on this plan. The reduced bulk around my middle and especially the belly is noticeable. I'll measure properly tomorrow when I am 7 days through.

Vida and I went to London yesterday to do some Fit Camp training, it was very interesting and useful. Campers beware!

I am not missing eating grains. Of course walking through Liverpool Street Station yesterday with the smells from Costa (love the smell of coffee) and pastries wafting out at you is nice and I do think 'ooh, I miss those'. But I do think that once the 30 days is over I would be much happier to stay grain free if I can reintroduce the tomatoes, aubergines, peppers, squashes etc. My plate looks very samey each meal.

A few other noticeable changes. Despite drinking more water than I normally would (I'm up to 3+ litres a day) I now drink because I am thirsty. I've increased my veg and fruit and water and now feel more thirsty than ever!

Waking up better. I am not an early bird as our Early Risers know too well, but I am certainly a bit more sprightly in the morning. Even today (Sunday) I was awake at 7, breakfast, showered and ready to go by 7.45. Unheard of normally.

Digestion much improved. Skin condition improved. Leveling out of blood sugar. Daughter 2 is feeling lighter but no difference on the scales, and daughter 1 has lost bloatedness, some weight and is sleeping better.

So, we're a quarter of the way through. Here's to week 2.

Today's menu:

B: Red grapefruit & handful of grapes followed by blueberry omelette in coconut oil -- damn that's good.
L: Chicken salad
D: Cauliflower and lentil curry in coconut milk with curried okra.

Snacks, homemade hummous, veggies, fruit, soaked nuts (not all of these, but this is what I chose from)

ooh! PS. Dale bought some fruits from the market which we had no idea what they were. We didn't know if you ate the skin or not, so I did. Have since discovered it was a Sharon fruit, very nice. Got two more of those to nibble on too.

No comments:

Post a Comment