Sunday, December 12, 2010

New month, new course!

Some of you will think all I do is spend my time trying out new 'diets' or going on courses...well yep you're about right. And it certainly looks that way for the past 4 weeks or so.

At the end of November I headed off to Swansea to have my head filled with more amazing information from Phil Richards. This time it was all about the 'Gut and Brain Connection'. It was a fascinating trip through the intestine and brain to learn how to help overcome depression, post-natal depression, dementia, alcoholism, ADD, ADHD...the list goes on.

I left there once again with a pretty long book list. Not as long as the chap next to me who was adding each reference mentioned into his i-pad -- his Amazon wishlist was about 50 books long by the end!

This weekend Vida and I have been to Richmond for an interview for the Institute of Optimum Nutrition 3 year Nutritional Therapist Course. I have wanted to do this course for 20 years, looks like 2011 might just be my year. I need to do a Science access course first to get my science basics upto scratch before I start proper. But I think from January onwards I am going to be Mrs Nose-in-Book.

And just to round it all off for the year, the two of us are off to Islington next Saturday for an Elimination Diet information day at Dax Moy's pad, well studio...but with about 45 fitness instructors heading in the same direction it is feeling like it will be another really interesting day.

I think I am going to work out how much I have invested in my training and development this year. It's good to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment